Ascension Health Housekeeper I in Grand Blanc, Michigan
Job ID: 258308
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Additional Job Information
Title: Housekeeper I
City, State: Grand Blanc, MI
Location: Health Park
Department: Housekeeping 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time Days, multiple start times 7am, 8am 10am, secondary evening shift, weekends and holidays
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
Under close supervision, performs a variety of service duties such as: aseptically cleaning assigned areas of the Hospital through prescribed methods and procedures, utilizing various housekeeping tools, equipment and chemicals; emptying waste receptacles; replenishing supplies. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe facility. Performs other related duties as requested by authorized personnel.
- *Empties and cleans waste baskets daily. Replaces plastic liners as needed.
- *Washes walls, ceilings, carpets, and upholstery by utilizing appropriate equipment.
- *High dusts areas above shoulder height daily such as pictures, lights, cubicle rods, etc. Drops light fixture lens and cleans as necessary.
- *Dry and damp mops floors daily, and spot cleans carpets, furniture and walls.
- *Disinfects furniture, all horizontal ledges, lamps, fixtures, doors, hinges, etc. Spot cleans walls, light switches, etc.
- *Daily disinfects bathroom fixtures, floor, toilets, sinks and wall tile.
- *Replenishes supplies of soap, towels and patient supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, admission kits, etc.
- *Cleans windows, other glass surfaces, and screens.
- *Upon patient discharge, cleans and prepares units according to standard procedure and strips and makes beds.
- *Moves furniture to facilitate cleaning operations.
- *Polishes furniture, chrome, stainless steel, brass, copper, water fountains, etc.
- *Washes ice machines, cabinets, wheel chairs, stretchers, and other Hospital equipment.
- *Vacuums carpeted areas, upholstery, furnishings, utilizing up-right or canister vacuum.
- *Utilizes prescribed spot removal or upholstery cleaning procedures as needed.
- *Cleans elevator tracks, elevator floors and stairwells.
- *Cleans and performs routine maintenance on Housekeeping equipment daily.
- *Reports any repairs needed to supervisor
NOTE: *These items are judged to be Essential Functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
HS or Equivalent
High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required.
- Must be able to read, write and follow oral and/or written instructions. Must possess and demonstrate the necessary discretion in dealing with confidential information, communication skills, initiative, tact, diplomacy and dependability to perform all duties of the position. Must have the ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients, employees, supervisors and contacts external to the Hospital.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining us, click here https://ascension.ttcportals.com/jobs/search/ to search for a job and complete an online application.
Current associates should apply through the Associate Portal at https://ascension.org/associate-landing
Then follow this navigation: myAscension > myLinks > Associate Links > HR > My Career> Job Opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.