Ascension Health EEG Technician in Grand Blanc, Michigan
Job ID: 247691
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Additional Job Information
Title: EEG Technician
City, State: Grand Blanc, MI
Location: Health Park
Department: Neurology Services Anc 001
Additional Job Details: PRN Days, 0 Hours Weekly
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
The EEG Technician, under minimal supervision, and according to established procedure, operates electroencephalograph (EEG) machine as well as Evoked Potential Machine, performing complex procedures such as electro-cerebral silences, visual and brain stem auditory evoked response testing. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age group(s) served.
- Reviews and analyzes patients medical history via chart/interview.
- Positions patients, explains procedures, measures head, attaches electrodes and instructs patients.
- Operates electroencephalograph machine, obtains recording, adjusts, monitors and records frequency, filter and sensitivity levels.
- Must posses ability to identify and eliminate extraneous/intrinsic data, artifact etc.
- Prepares test record for interpretation with necessary information, paper work etc.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Cleans equipment, minor repairs etc.
- Performs related clerical duties i.e. scheduling patients, answering telephones, taking and relaying messages, inventory, filing etc.
- Ability to perform ECS testing.
- Computer literate and ability to type.
- Ability to perform visual and brain stem auditory evoked response testing, and willingness to expand knowledge to include somatosensory testing and IOM's keeping knowledge and abilities current regarding new technology and techniques.
- Mobility skills to move from department with heavy bulky equipment to patients room, including ability to rapidly initiate and complete testing, ability to lift, support and position and transport patients for testing.
- Manual dexterity to perform testing and manipulation of equipment.
- Organizational skills, observation and problem solving abilities to perform testing, assess patient’s medical condition and history.
- Interpersonal communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with staff, physicians, families and supervisors.
- Effective written communication skills, analytic. confidentiality abilities.
- Ability to walk, stoop, reach, stand, push bulky machines.
Works inside within a hospital and/or outpatient lab setting under normal temperatures, adequate lighting, well ventilated areas with moderate noise level and considerable time spent on a one-to-one basis with the patient.
Fifty(50%) percent of the time will be spent standing/walking, pushing and maneuvering large bulky machines. Time spent lifting and positioning patients for testing.
- 2 years minimal experience in the field of electroencephalography.
- Recommendation from previous employer.
- Meets the qualification requirements.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
Must possess high school diploma or equivalent, plus one to two years post high school training in EEG technology and 2 years minimal experience in the field of electroencephalography required. Requires recommendation from previous employer. Knowledge of brain disorders and electroencephalograph testing procedures and equipment. Ability to discern abnormal/normal characteristics and detect artifacts normally acquired through completion of EEG recording. Must posses and demonstrate discretion, communication skills, tact, diplomacy and dependability. Must possess analytical skills necessary to monitor equipment, patient responses and identification of artifacts. Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all duties of position. Must be neat in appearance and able to comply with hospital and department policies and procedures.
How To Apply
Please browse our Career Opportunities page https://ascension.org/Careers to find the job that fits your career choice and become a member of our dedicated healthcare team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.