Ascension Health Dietary Aide in Grand Blanc, Michigan
Job ID: 258316
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Additional Job Information
Title: Dietary Aide
City, State: Grand Blanc, MI
Location: Health Park
Department: Dietary 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time Evenings, typically 4:15pm-8:15pm, weekends and holidays
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of service duties such as: preparing, portioning, and serving foods for patients, staff, visitors and special events, as it relates below. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe facility. Performs other related duties as requested by authorized personnel.
- Prepares, portions, and serves food items for patients, staff, visitors and special events.
- Assembles food, supplies and utensils for food preparation, service and cleanup according to individual job assignment.
- Records food and equipment temperatures on HACCP logs.
- Serves and distributes food and supplies to patients, staff, visitors and special events. Transports food by carts to patient floors.
- Properly dates and stores and/or disposes of food according to health department regulations.
- Maintains individual area inventory levels of food, supplies, and supplements and rotates stock to ensure first in-first out (FIFO) usage.
- Prepares various beverages, fills and cleans food and beverage dispensers.
- Retrieves and washes trays, dishes, pots, pans, utensils, carts, and stores in designated areas
- Disposes of garbage and refuse.
- Takes soiled linen to container provided.
- Cleans dining room tables, condiment tables, etc.
- Substitutes as cashier, second cook, or nutrition technician as requested.
- Ensures Food & Nutrition products and processes are quality based.
- Works Patient Line.
Speak, understand, read, write English
Be mobile enough to maneuver throughout the kitchen and hospital
Ability to lift and move items weighing 50 lbs. and to pull mobile equipment weighing several hundred lbs.
Must be capable of repetitive arm and hand motion.
Works in a normal institutional kitchen environment. May be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures. May work with water and various sanitation chemicals.
Required to participate in new employee orientation and department orientation.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
HS or Equivalent
High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required.
- Requires minimum of two years experience in quantity cooking, and knowledge of sanitation principles and procedures in food handling and storage, and skills in preparing, seasoning and cooking foods, and know basic weights and measures. Must be able to read, write, follow oral and/or written instructions, and perform simple math calculations. Must possess and demonstrate the necessary discretion in dealing with confidential information, communication skills, initiative, tact, diplomacy and dependability to perform all duties of the position. Must have ability to establish and maintain rapport with employees, supervisors and contacts external to the Hospital. Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all duties of the position. Must be neat in personal appearance.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining us, click here https://ascension.ttcportals.com/jobs/search/ to search for a job and complete an online application.
Current associates should apply through the Associate Portal at https://ascension.org/associate-landing
Then follow this navigation: myAscension > myLinks > Associate Links > HR > My Career> Job Opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.