Ascension Health Technology Engineering Analyst in Arlington Heights, Illinois
Job ID: 253940
Technology Engineering Analyst
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Additional Job Information
Title: Analyst-Tech Engineering
City, State: Lisle, IL
Location: Alexian Brothers Health System
Department: ABHS Info Svcs ABHN
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
AMITA Health ( www.AMITAhealth.org ) is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health’s mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.
Provides technical expertise in one or more information technology disciplines to support the organization's technical infrastructure. The IT Network Analyst designs, builds, and implements network systems across the enterprise. The roles of this position include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, corporate servers, associated software, and communication links. This position troubleshoots network performance issues, analyzes network traffic, and provides capacity planning solutions. This position diagnoses, resolves, and documents hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end user training and support where required in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of AMITA.
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Bachelor's Level Degree
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
• Experience with monitoring systems
• Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
How To Apply
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterik), as well as additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.